Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Need a database program

Well in my experience, use one of these scripts, just make sure that the host you are uploading the site onto has the database ability.
    Most hosting packages have PHP support and mysql/postgres databases included.

First find out what the host already has for database, then match up a script:
    Script site with Realtor management scripts some are free and others you have to pay for it.
    (BTW, most of those scripts listed are perl scripts, there is a php script category on the side, your best bet is php, or do a search on google for "Realtor php script" )

Some scripts you can strip away at it and create your own scripted webpages, but that's not for the faint-of-heart.

The other alternative way is look for a CMS (like Joomla or many others out there) that may already have Realtor "plugins" that are created by the communities supporting the CMS.

But first! Find out the supported databases already on your clients webhosting!!! Then find a script or CMS.

I've seen some hosting packages that do not include any databases, they are usually the overpriced services $50/mnth. lol.
    Last edited by Magnatude; 16 February 2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: added info
    My Humble Studio is here: SciRPG Studio