Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default saving a graphics file

I am using Xara's Photo & Graphic Designer for the first time and slowly getting acclimated to the program after using Ulead's Photo Impact for 6 years.

Just one really basic question. I have three elements in my final design: two seperate lines of text surrounded by a black outline. To save this as a single graphic (.gif format), what do I need to do? With Ulead all I had to do was select all, right click and select merge as one, then simply save in whatever format I wanted to the destination of my choosing.

Is there a similar "merge as one" command in Xara or do I select each element in my graphic, then choose save from the file menu?

Default Re: saving a graphics file

In Xara you don't save (unless you are saving as *.xar), you Export. If you select nothing Xara will Export everything and then give you the option of choosing the image format. If you only want certain objects to comprise your desired image, then you select them first and then Export.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon
    In Xara you don't save (unless you are saving as *.xar), you Export. If you select nothing Xara will Export everything and then give you the option of choosing the image format. If you only want certain objects to comprise your desired image, then you select them first and then Export.
    This is true, but I will add simply that one should always save a copy as .xar as well, in case you need to make changes to the artwork.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ad1066 View Post
    ...one should always save a copy as .xar as well, in case you need to make changes to the artwork.
    Yup. Very important.