Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: how do you make a perspective grid in xara?

Hi Stealth,

For this kind of thing I usually just use lines in Xara, with the magnetic snap to objects. For more complex jobs I sometimes use Corel’s perspective and extrude tools.

Here is a VIDEO to show you how the attached Xara file can be used in Xara.

It's a simple approach, but can be used as a guide. You can make into a template called ‘perspective’ (File/Save Template...). To open it you would go to File/New and select ‘perspective’.

Make sure ‘snap to objects’ is on. Move the horizon line up or down, snap lines to intersections, slide vanishing points (arrows grouped with vertical lines) left or right (ctrl/left mouse button, slide). Click line and use shape editor tool (F4) to select node to lines’ angles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	three-point-perspective.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	79483  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Default Re: how do you make a perspective grid in xara?

Quote Originally Posted by James Allen View Post
    Hi Stealth,

For this kind of thing I usually just use lines in Xara, with the magnetic snap to objects. For more complex jobs I sometimes use Corel’s perspective and extrude tools.

Here is a VIDEO to show you how the attached Xara file can be used in Xara.

It's a simple approach, but can be used as a guide. You can make into a template called ‘perspective’ (File/Save Template...). To open it you would go to File/New and select ‘perspective’.

Make sure ‘snap to objects’ is on. Move the horizon line up or down, snap lines to intersections, slide vanishing points (arrows grouped with vertical lines) left or right (ctrl/left mouse button, slide). Click line and use shape editor tool (F4) to select node to lines’ angles.
    thanx for that