Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default iPad favourites - NO GAMES or WORK Apps!

I have an iPad, as does Gary and I'm sure a few others may have one too.

I thought I might offer up a couple of applications that I love to use on the iPad - not for doing "work" but for exploring the internet. I didn't use the web equivalents of these before having the iPad and I much prefer web browsing using the iPad rather than the desktop (which is a bit of a frustration for me because I do a lot of flash work!). There are website equivalents.

So a heads up to these applications:

"Cool Hunting" and "StumbleUpon" - a joy for randomly exploring the web but in a way that can match your interests.

"the Guardian eyeWitness" stunning newspaper photography allied with a photography tip.

I hope that anyone with an iPad will give these a go and I hope they find them as much fun as I do.

If anyone else has favourites, please post them but it would be nice to keep this a bit arty and related to art and photography rather than a gamefest.

I have used the internet for many years now and I can say that I find using standard computers for non work things in comparison to a tablet is starting to get a bit tedious already. Do give an iPad or one of the new Android lookalikes a try (but don't expect it to replace your standard machine). Tablets are fun.

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 14 December 2010 at 03:33 PM.