Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: One Shot Zoom is broken in x5 help needed...

Howdy Jim,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I too am an old version 3 user, and followed the same pattern as you did, except I landed on V9 for a while and then hopped to X3, I don't feel any need for X5 yet. Anyway, I have always used the F2 key for my "zoom in" and the F3 key for my "zoom out", I think it comes as a standard setting in Corel, but can't remember that far back unless I customised it so in my latest versions. I have just tried what you are requesting, and it does seem work the way I presume you want things to be. Give it a try in X5, unless they have changed things according to the way my X3 works. So - when I press F2, I can zoom in, or around the object, and after that, the tool I had selected is still active, if I then press the F3 Key, things zoom out, and the same tool is again active.

Hope it works for you!

Cheers - George
    IP

that seems to work in X5 too...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Wow looks like I have found a great graphics forum here!

I am going to try and create custom buttons to emulate the F2 and F3 keys! They can be in the tool bar and I don't have to re-learn how to use the program. lol Thanks, you guys have really helped me! Thanks again! Jim
    IP

For anyone else interested... you can create a custom macro triggering the F2 button:

Code:
    Sub OneShotZoom()
        SendKeys "{F2}", True
    End Sub
    ...then go to Tools > Customization > Commands > Macros and drag the macro onto your toolbox!

Delete the default Zoom button, and change the macro button picture to a Zoom tool picture, and voila! Click the new tool, Left click to do a one-shot zoom in, Right click to do a one-shot zoom out.

Thanks for all the help, guys!
    IP

thanks for the feedback
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP