Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Exporting ai from Extreme Pro

Hi Folks,

I am an amateur designer who has created a cool crest that was adopted by a new school and now they would like it to be more than a high rez tif. What they need is:

"Can you please provide the follow.
    Adobe Illustrator vector artwork. Please save as an EPS or AI file. Be sure to convert all text to outlines.
    Unsupported art file formats: QuarkXpress, Pagemaker, InDesign and Freehand.
    Note: Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Excel, etc.) are not graphics programs and will not be recognized through art acceptance process."

I am using Xara Extreme Pro and do not have Adobe Illustrator. I have exported the files as ai but don't know if they will work in Illustrator. Would someone be so kind as to give them a try and see if they look like the tif files that I have uploaded to the following URL:

http://www.catharina.ca/stmichael/

Attached are:
    StMichael-Crest.xar - the original design
    StMichael-Crest-Drawing.xar - the crest turned into line art with no drop shadows or special fills
    StMichael-Crest-Drawing.ai - the drawing exported as .ai from Xara (and the one I hope to submit)

I was unable to attach the original design exported as an .ai Illustrator file to this message but have uploaded it to the St. Michael art page linked above.

I am volunteering this work. It would be VERY costly for me to invest in Illustrator and would prefer not to if I can avoid it. It is important that I get this done this weekend and any help with this project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
    Cat =^..^=
    Attached Files Attached Files