The latest on the text overspill problem
I passed it over to Xara support but so far they have not been able to explain why.
I tried re-installing XDP6 from my CD - no go. The install process kept saying that it couldn't read various files - a different file each time!!
Reverted to a download and installed OK.
Recreated the web page in exactly the same way as before and it works OK - open the original file and i get the text overflow problem again!!
Maybe I had a corrupted installation but I definately had a corrupted .xar file because I can repeat the problem by opening the original file in the newly installed version of XDP6.
What is wrong with my CD - I have no idea. | hadn't used the CD before, I just kept running on my original download. I did a full unistall from the control panel before trying to reinstall from the CD and the new download.
Maybe Xara support will come up with something. If, as has been posted, the internal preview engine is based on IE I really don't understand why I got text overflow in the preview page and yet the exported file looked OK in the IE browser.
By the way, my apologies. The screen shot that I posted of the pre-view page was actually the FF screenshot but they both showed the same problem.
Anyway, many thanks to all of you for your advice and comments.
Best regards,