Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have problems in creating PDF files from Xara when using large pages like A2 and A1. Can anyone help?

I use a Postscript driver for hp designjet 5500ps 60 ps3 and print a ps file. Then I use distiller to create the pdf.

The final pdf always shows the wrong size (samller) and the picture to be printed is not fully visible. All the settings seem to be OK.

I have problems in creating PDF files from Xara when using large pages like A2 and A1. Can anyone help?

I use a Postscript driver for hp designjet 5500ps 60 ps3 and print a ps file. Then I use distiller to create the pdf.

The final pdf always shows the wrong size (samller) and the picture to be printed is not fully visible. All the settings seem to be OK.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

You should try to export your file to *.eps with a linotronic ps driver and then use either distiller or GhostScript with GSView to create the PDF. No limits on the GhostScript side.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Which Linotronioc driver that prints A1? And if you have it, can you mail it? I am using hd hercules 6.1 normally for all prints in A3 or smaller and this works perfect.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

I have to check it next week. It could be that I'm messing up something here with another driver we are using in the office.

However, here you can get some excellent information about printing A0 and A1 posters with a PS driver from HP:

http://www2.essex.ac.uk/cs/A0Posters/
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Volker,

Try my PPD - I use Scitex Brisque virtual printer (the same way as Jens his Linotronic).

It has max page size 812 x 1117 mm (I noticed you are from Germany) http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

You add Scitex Brisque from the standard printers menu of your OS.

The PPD file attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Alexander,

Thanks! This does the job. Just used Adobe postcript utilities to install the PPD. And no more problems.

The issue for me was, to find out which of the many available PPDs for the Typesetters or allows the large size ... but you had the solution.

Thanks again.