Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XaraXtreme

Default XaraXtreme

Hi, I have some xar files that will not open in XX5pro. I still have XaraXtreme, so I installed it. When I go to run it, I get this error:
    717.w.re.ry

Any idea what it is or how to fix it? Thanks, I'd sure like to open my images so I can make them bigger.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: XaraXtreme

Never mind. I see on Xara's help area that this has something to do with admin rights (which drive me crazy and I still don't quite understand). I right clicked the desktop icon and changed it to run as admin. this seems to have fixed it.

Have missed you Nancy.

Hi Gary, ever since my computer crash last winter I've been away from the computer most of the time. All of our parents are experiencing health issues so we are going through a period in our lives where we are spending alot of time with them and their doctors. I assume this happens to most folks at some point in their lives. I'm hoping to find some time this winter to work with XX again, as well as the watercoloring that I have started again.

As for XX on my W7, I did get it to open and work but when I open any newer version xar (such as version 4 or 5 or pro5) the image does not display and it only shows grid like lines when I sweep to create a rectangle (or any figure).

....I just opened XX and tried some xars and they now show the image and I'm able to make rectangles and circles. I could not a few nights ago. I still get the warning message shown below. Not sure what's happening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	77143  
    Last edited by Burpee; 17 October 2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: add image