Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

here is a star trek space ship i have been workin on and i thought you guys might tell me how do make it look better(right now it sucks) feel free to d/l it and play around with it.

Ross A.

Smile, it makes people wonder what your are thinking.... or just tell them...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well, I know that i won't...

Ross, I do have a site for some of my Star Trek pics - its old now and I've not done anything with it for years (despite threats from people who keep wanting to see new stuff!!)

Its at www.netcomuk.co.uk/~trekart.

The website uses (used?) the Xara plug-in which a few years ago seemed a great idea, until Flash became the norm. It works very well though, lets you zoom right in just as if you had opened the file in Xara...

Stu.

here is a star trek space ship i have been workin on and i thought you guys might tell me how do make it look better(right now it sucks) feel free to d/l it and play around with it.

Ross A.

Smile, it makes people wonder what your are thinking.... or just tell them...

Ross,

Unfortunately my original Xara files are kinda too large to post here. However if you follow the link to my old website and view the Vector versions of the ship schematics, you should find the .web files in your browser cache which you can then open in Xara.

Stu

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ross - The advice to check out the xara tutorials at Gary Priester's xaraxone.com is very valuable. The tutorials are without a doubt your fastest way to learn the xara skills necessary to draw a fantastic image as Stu has presented.

Don't be intimidated. A great thing about Xara is that it is relatively easy to learn. Complex, highly-detailed drawings like Stu's use the same drawing skills as more straightforward illustrations - The significant difference really just relates to the artist's attention span and motivation. For instance, I know I have the technical drawing skills to do what Stu has done (immodest of me eh?) but I certainly lack the motivation to put in the hours drawing a detailed image like his must have taken. My point is that if you work at learning xara drawing skills there are practically no limits technically on what you can draw if you are motivated. Please do give some of Gary's XaraXone tutorials a try - you'll be amazed at the skills you'll learn. Those skills can then be applied to whatever drawing project you are inspired to undertake. It really won't take long for you to significantly improve your skills.

I know you are young. Bring some of your youthful enthusiasm to learning xara and you'll amaze yourself with what you can achieve. I highlight an example image by forum participant Steve Newport. At the time he created the image I believe he was fifteen. I hope you can be inspired by Steve to sit down and study Gary's tutorials. I really look forward to seeing the images you create in six months...

Regards, Ross (the other one)

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Nick - Stuart is indeed the guy you are thinking about. He is the master of Star Trek technical drawings. Here and here are some very large images he posted in the past.

(Ross when you see the images at these links perhaps you'll reconsider and head over to the tutorials. You could be doing work like Stuarts far sooner if you make an effort to learn the program efficiently).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hey stu Do you have a web site (cause alot of my friends want those pics) and if you don't i think you need one casue you ROCK ! any way. can you post you xar. file ? i thought i might be able to get some ideas !

Ross A.

What Would Chairs look like if our legs bent the other way ?

Stuart:

Are you the guy whose work used to be on Xara's gallery? Those were top top illustrations, mate! Are they still there? Or have they been dropped since they were done in CorelXara 2?

Anyway, still awesome!

Nick Wilkinson.
    IsoCalc.com
    Nick Wilkinson.
    IsoCalc.com

Well I think its fair to say you have a little way to go, but hopefully this 100% Xara creation will inspire you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EntA.jpg 
Views:	750 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	12462  

Very, very (very!) well done.