Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Export from XPGD 6, Import to Flash CS4, Problems With Every Format

Yes well. I've just run into this again. I exported some type with a radial fill to Flash. I needed to break it apart in order to animate the transparency. When I did the letters became white. A bit of a problem that!
    I have reported it to Support :-(

Customer service did some tests, they sent a file to me, I made some revisions, they did some more tests, and they've formally filed a bug report. Hopefully a future update will give us a solution. Perhaps the option to "export for import" since I'm fairly sure this bug is the result of a super-optimization that they surely won't want to undo.

Drat. It doesn't look like it is something easily solved.
    I've been experimenting with Toonboom Animate. Their freehand vector tools are brilliant though the rest is an acquired taste and a step down from Xara. I'll try using that for the non exporting/editable work.