Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Preloading on XDP6?

Hi all (although it seems Sledger is protecting the others from having to grapple with my newbie questions!)

Very possibly my last query in order for the departure from Coffeecup VSD to be practicable - & have searched both the forums and the Help file.

Where an element or set of elements will be the same on every page, will Xara 'know' this and not cause the same images to have to load afresh every time the visitor moves from page-to-page?

For example, on lesolives.co.uk - the rustic imagery and phone number and opening times in the top banner just load the once - and page flips just cause all the other stuff to load anew.

The 'Page Background' part of the XDP6 Help file just skirts this whole thing! Surely it's common to use a photo as a page background (suitably optimised, of course)?

Arif

Default Re: Preloading on XDP6?

Quote Originally Posted by Arif View Post
    Where an element or set of elements will be the same on every page, will Xara 'know' this and not cause the same images to have to load afresh every time the visitor moves from page-to-page?
    Not unless the object appears in the exact same position on every page. Deviate one pixel and two images are exported..

Hi all (although it seems Sledger is protecting the others from having to grapple with my newbie questions!)