Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wildflower

Default Re: Wildflower

Hi everybody, thanks for all of the suggestions. I have altered the shadow colour (left hand image), what do you think?

I am still playing with the edges but I think that I prefer the way they are now, because it separates the flower from the blurred background. I must admit that when I started the image I was aiming for a watercolour effect, but as with most of my drawings the end product is quite often very different from the original concept.

I will probably leave it as it is for now, mainly because I have been fiddling with it on and off for a couple of years, I just couldn't get it right. Finally it occured to me that the original didn't have enough contrast, but the thought of adjusting all of the shapes seemed like too much work. Then I remembered a technique I had seen in a XaraXone tutorial, which involved making a bitmap copy of things and applying a flat stained glass transparency, which is what I did for the petal shapes. The image on the right is the one without the bitmap transparency thing, it just seem too wishy washy to me.

OK I'll stop rambling now, except to say thank you for all of the compliments and suggestions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wildflower_smallV2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	74235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wildflower no bitmap copy.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	74236