A Brief History

The TalkGraphics forums started out as the i/us.com forums. i/us.com was created in the mid 90s by Chris Dickman (who founded Graphics.com), and Arlan Bartch (the former International Marketing Director for Corel Corp.). When i/us.com (the birthplace of The Xara Xone), was acquired by another company, the forums were left without a host.

Xara Group Ltd., acquired the forums and changed the name to TalkGraphics.

TalkGraphics was conceived as an online community where members could visit to ask questions about Xara and other graphics products, provide answers to these questions, and the more senior members could share their knowledge and skill with new users.

TalkGraphics Today

The original TalkGraphics mission is alive and well, and we have more members than ever (just look at the number of views for some of the posts). And while most members continue to contribute ideas and images and offer support, there are some members who contribute little of value to the community. These people are more interested in hanging out and making snarky comments. This behavior is disruptive, and as far as I am concerned, is not welcome at TalkGraphics.

What You Can Do

I don't propose to make this a rule, because I don't want to rouse the rebels, but here is my suggestion. If you feel the need to bicker, or complain, or make snide remarks, do it in the Off Topic Chat forum. Or go to one of the thousands of other Internet forums where this kind of banal banter is encouraged. But if you plan to participate in the TalkGraphics forums, and specifically those related to Xara products, and more specifically, the forums that I moderate, keep your comments on topic. Ask questions. Provide answers. Offer help. Share your work and share your expertise. Offer your compliments and constructive criticism.

But if you have nothing positive to contribute, then don't post. Do not hijack another person's thread by interjecting your comments that do not relate to the topic being discussed. If you wish to say something that does not relate to the current thread, start a new thread to make your point.

Lastly. Show respect the all the members of this community. We all come from different backgrounds and we come from every corner of the globe, but we all have one thing in common. We like to Talk Graphics.

Let's get TalkGraphics back on track.