Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Turn Mould on/off temporarily

That doesn't work 100% of the time.

In the attached XAR file there are two moulds (the second is a duplicate of the first).

Lets say I want to apply a light contone color to the bottom mould to make it appear blue-ish instead of gray.

You can't select inside the mould and hit just the bitmap, so you can't do this directly. So, I go into the mould tool, click "Copy Mould Shape", then remove the mould and apply my contone.

All done, I click "Paste Perspective", and Voila!, the mould is the correct shape again.. but it's way too small and it's position on the page has been altered.

Now my workaround is to write down the dimensions and coordinates of the object, then go into the mould tool, copy and detach, modify, repaste mould shape, go into selector tool, manually change size and position to match what I had to begin with.

The button in the Extrude tool that turns the extrude on and off retains all other properties, but just doesn't render as 3D temporarily. If the mould tool had the same sort of button, this sort of problem wouldn't exist.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.