Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Moderators / Xhris dispute

Totally agree
    Javier
    IP

People on TG help each other as a matter of course - even I do if I think I can in my poor way. And it's not a matter of fighting someone else's battles: it's about making sure it's not just a case of "Thanks for everything, sad, bye" but "we appreciate you so much we want you to stay and don't like the way you've been treated". If they don't want to stay as mods fine, but if they do then we want them. A return to the status quo, if that's possible.

Keith, you're spot on about moderation, and until now it's worked well enough to help make TG the place it is. Why has the boat been rocked?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

I wish I had seen the post that Bill (Soquili) made with the synopsis of original issue re: inappropriate signature and warnings to fix it.

If indeed the signature did not fit the forum specs it should be modified to conform no matter who has the signature. That is basic to any forum. And the moderators have the responsibility to make sure we all follow the rules properly.

Moderation takes time and effort, being polite while enforcing the rules and fairly. I firmly believe that the moderators on this forum are well suited to it. Under their care, the forum has grown, yet still has a "family" or community feel. Creative people are often hard to control, hard to direct, yet the TG mods do it well. I give the moderators kudos for keeping TG an environment that fosters creativity, support and learning. The forum takes it's lead from the moderators. And the forum completes the product support. No one is perfect, not calling the moderators angels. Just saying that the positive aura of the forum is a direct reflection of the overall performance of the moderators activities.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Well I've had a chance to have a nice dinner and think things through, and I will continue to help as Gary has asked but I won't be posting any extras such as mini tutorials, etc until this is resolved. I will continue to support the mods whatever may happen.

I still don't understand why Xhris rates special treatment? Why is it ok for him to masquerade as moderator?

@Gary: at over 13000 posts you are not far behind Bill And Steve!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Don´t know whay to say just.

Just Good luck and go back soon!.

(this is just a distraction to forget the interface problem. Hope.)
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.
    IP

I wish it was just a distraction but its not. We have lost two moderators so far and two more are possibly still deciding. perhaps if enough members voice our support for our moderators Xara will back down and those that have left will consider returning and the others will stay. In the mean time if you are able to offer assistance to others we should do so without Bill, Egg and others who are temporarily staying away there will be much less support on TG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think the moderators can stand on their own two feet and fight their own battles.
    I would think so

otherwise they would never have made good moderators would they?

Folks - it isn't a question of needing to support any one side here - especially if we don't know the facts because that means we can't in any meaningful way, beyond huffin and puffin

And helpfulness is not what this is about - that's a red herring - this is about moderation, and its about defining the way things run - this is the upshot of what Xara and Gary have said - all totally seperate from how helpful anyone is

moderation-wise:
    - there have been some bad descisions
    - there is a tendancy to close threads without notice
    - there have been comments made to which [bar appealing to Xara] there is little redress - because moderators 'cannot be questioned' in the open forum

Sorry Keith, I don't agree - in professional sport the referee is not the final sanction if it can be shown that the descision made was incorrect
    And if referees behave the way moderators occasionally do here they would be hauled up to the regulating body to explain on that occasion - this how it should work - in my view anyhow

this is a time for letting things work themselves out and settle, as has been said - I don't remember the forum before Gary or Bill or Egg [one of whom probably still has the Ark lying around in their back yard] - but I do remember it before Steve, who hasn't actually been a moderator all that long

'things change - people accept it or if they don't they either work out a compromise, or move on - such is life'

a moderator PM'd me these words a while back - they are oh so true...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I have to disagree with you Steve. The mods take abuse, and spend hours helping people here, sometimes into the wee hours of the morning. Have there been times when they have been overzealous? Yes. Does that mean we should turn our backs on them? NO! There may more going here than we know. But I do know this even after Steve(L) was attacked by a nasty e-mail campaign he was never away from the forums this long. It is obvious that the moderators feel very strongly about this issue and if we do not show them some support more may very well follow Bill and Egg. If that happens who will fill their shoes? There may be some who could try, but would they want to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP

I am not turning my back on anyone Frances

I am doing exactly what I would expect both the moderators and Xara are doing - which is staying calm and sticking to facts
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    sticking to facts
    Which you don't know actually...
    John.
    IP