Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default New version of XaReg?

Has there been an update on the new version of XaReg or something about when it is coming out that I haven't seen yet? Just wondering.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: New version of XaReg?

Bill is working on the next version which should be available soon.

The current version, will work with Designer 6 if that is your concern Eric.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Is there anywhere in the registry where the resolution of the screen capture can be changed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

To what Frances? The screen is captured at a 1:1 ratio or 96dpi. You could increase the resolution by reducing the screen capture. I think if you reduce it to 32% for example, the resolution is 300dpi, but the image is about 1/3 the physical size.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I guess what I'm after may not be possible. What I wanted was to be able to set what resolution a screen shot was taken at without a reduction in size. Now that we can capture menus and tool tips it would be helpful if they could be sized up with out a huge resolution loss. Here is an example the top text is 10pt Arial that I typed. the bottom is a screenshot of the same text, there is no modification to the screenshot other than cropping it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen capture test.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	73517  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Two possiblities:

1. Increase your Windows Screen Resolution.
    2. If you have two monitors and your graphics card allows it, map the entire display across both monitors, then do a screen capture.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Here is an example the top text is 10pt Arial that I typed. the bottom is a screenshot of the same text, there is no modification to the screenshot other than cropping it.
    You were probably at 80% (default) zoom factor when you grabbed the screen shot Frances.
    Screen capture 'captures' the data in the video buffer, so any zoom factor will affect the result.

The DP6 ScreenCapture works as it should in my tests.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Thanks Gary,

That was indeed my concern. I look forward to the new version.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.