Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

I see there are still some comments regarding the new dark interface. I had wanted to comment on the poll but the thread got closed before I had a chance. For the record, I did vote in favor of the dark interface. My only additional comment was that, for me, the UI color doesn't matter much as I do all my work in the big white space in the middle

The new realtime mode for the freehand drawing tool is the right idea, but what about the line wobbling around like that? Is this something that we’ll get used to or is it something that will become more and more irritating with prolonged use? Is there the option to go back to the old way of the nice stable blue line? I use the freehand tool a lot and this wobble could be the factor that will stop me from upgrading.

Thanks. This is great software. Better than the rest.

I love Xara, but there is still one huge feature which is missing.

OSX.

This software is too good to be a windows only software. WE WANT A MAC VERSION :-)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I'. actually a little frustrated with Designer Pro 6.

I love all my Xara products, particularly the Extreme Pro line. I always buy the latest, greatest whenever Xara issues new versions, which I did with Designer Pro 6.

Well, I got it all installed and now I can't get thumbnail views of any of my .xar files! I have to actually open up DP6 and even then I can't get a thumbnail view unless I actually click on every cotton-picking file! In previous versions (I tended to default to Extreme Pro 4, even though I have Pro 5 as well), I had instantly viewable thumbnail views so I could quickly and visually identify files I was looking for.

This is completely unproductive and time-consuming, to the point that I have uninstalled DP6. I'm hoping if I restore to an earlier version, I will again have instantly viewable thumbnail views.

If there is any fix for this, please let me know. Otherwise, I will have purchased DP6 for nothing because I can't use a product where I have to tediously open every darn file in order to see if it's the one I'm looking for.

Okay, I am really, really ****ed at this point... I just installed the program and have gone back to using XPro4, but the thumbnails have not been restored.

I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS WHATSOEVER!!!! Xara, please get back to me on this. I need this FIXED!

I can get thumbnails. I'm using XP SP2. Not trying to upset you, just that for diagnostics your os and set-up might have something to do with it perhaps?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbs.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	74800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbs_02.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	74801  

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Fuss, tell us more about your system please?
    There used to be issues with 64bit OSes and Xara thumbnails (being a 32bit application), but this has been fixed with Designer Pro6, so you should have no problems under normal circumstances/conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    I can get thumbnails. I'm using XP SP2. Not trying to upset you, just that for diagnostics your os and set-up might have something to do with it perhaps?
    All I know is that before I installed DP6, my .xar thumbnails worked just fine and dandy and now they don't.

The problem is not my system, it's how the installation and set-up files of DP6 are configured. THEY did something to things on my computer, not me. It's not the computer; it's the Xara program.

I'm waiting, not too patiently.

Wednesday morning I purchased an upgrade to Xara Designer Pro 6. It said I would receive an email telling me how to download it, how to register it, etc.
    I still haven't received any such email. Yesterday afternoon I searched and searched for information about how to inquire about my order, but I couldn't find anything, so I went to SUPPORT and opened a ticket. I received confirmation of the ticket, along with the ticket number almost immediately. I was sure I'd get some help by this morning, but so far, nothing.

Maybe someone here can tell me how to get some results.
    Charlie