Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Rotating an ungrouped set of objects

Hello Anton

Yes, !Artworks can 'multiple rotate' in the 2004 RiscOS version I have.
    Each object rotates around its own centre (or corner) - very useful on many occasions.
    It can also 'multiple scale' where each object scales about its centre (or corner), rather than as a whole group.

So if it was possible then......

(Well done to Martin Wuerthner who continued to develop Artworks)
    How about it Xara?!

Cheers
    Steve

Thanks Steve -- that answers Gary's question

And, of course, Xara used to be Computer Concepts, who originally wrote !Artworks.
    Anton

I agree the ability to group rotate/scale individual objects akin to Artworks would be very useful.

I have found that the ability to perform mass transformations to a selection set or group relative to each "component" is something that I inevitably need to do in no matter what graphic application I use. If it can be done in an app, then it is usually performed via script/macro which steps-and-repeats for a specific object type in a model. For example, I believe CorelDRAW and SketchUp have such scripts. The good (intuitive and flexible) UI for such scripts is usually the most challenging task for the developer.

I have just checked rotation of un-grouped objects (using Virtual Acorn) in both DrawPlus and Acorn Draw and they both cause all selected objects to rotate individually. As these are simple programing operations I guess that, as there was no demand for these, Xara just dropped them from Xtreme.

Of course if you have hundreds of jobs like this with many objects you could always export an ai filetype to Virtual Acorn; convert to a Draw file type, use Draw to rotate them and then export them back into Xtreme as a Draw filetype. Pointing this out to Xara might embarrass them enough to include the facility in the next version of Pro.

Then,,,,, there are a whole load of engineering and architectural drawing facilities I (as an engineer) would like to see. I use Xara for these purposes all the time and I think that Xara are missing a big trick here. Not everyone can afford AutoCad or spend the time learning to use the antediluvian, unfriendly interface. A very simple example of what I would like to see would be a double headed dimension line with associated dimension text but perhaps that is for another thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sueno View Post
    A very simple example of what I would like to see would be a double headed dimension line with associated dimension text but perhaps that is for another thread.....
    Yes it is, in fact all feature requests are a subject for another thread, kindly post them here:

Dear Xara..

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes it is, in fact all feature requests are a subject for another thread, kindly post them here:

Dear Xara..
    Ooops!

My apologies.