Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I plan to put together a wallpaper constituted of covers of some of my favourite comics but am not quite sure how to do this. I've found plenty of Web tutorials on how to create various patterned wallpapers but haven't come across anything that relates specifically to what I want to do.

Maybe my project comes under the banner of "tiles". Again, I'm not sure.

Would some kind, more adept, version 7 user please point me in the right direction.
    IP

I plan to put together a wallpaper constituted of covers of some of my favourite comics but am not quite sure how to do this. I've found plenty of Web tutorials on how to create various patterned wallpapers but haven't come across anything that relates specifically to what I want to do.

Maybe my project comes under the banner of "tiles". Again, I'm not sure.

Would some kind, more adept, version 7 user please point me in the right direction.
    IP

Well Pro7User, I can kinda visualize what it is your trying to accomplish, however a little bit more info as to waht the finish product should look like would help me to help you!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/hi5/solidso.../solidsoul.jpg

SoLiDsOuL
    IP

By simply making a block of 4 magazine covers, 2 on the top row and 2 on the bottom row, you should be able to make a background that will tile. However, magazines are not square and mostly tiles for backgrounds are. If you use Cascading Style Sheets you can specify that the background only tile down one side. This leaves the most of the page without a lot of graphics over it on which to read your type. Any .jpeg or .gif will tile if used in a cell or table background. It is adjusting the size so it tiles the way you want it to which is the trick.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP