Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Duplicate images when moving

This is a strange issue that just started popping up.

Xara Xtreme 5.1.2 CD

I open Xara up, and import an image from a website.

I click and hold on the image to move it to the center of the work space, and when I let go, the image is where I placed it, but a duplicate version of it is now sitting where the it was originally. so I now have two copies.

If I try to move it again, same thing.

Any one have this issue before??

Seems like only a reboot will fix the problem. Been using this version for some time now and it just started doing this.

After a reboot it doesn't do it. I've checked to see that nothing is pressed and I can't think of anything in the program that would do that normally. CTRL-K will, but that is not what is happening.
    IP

Default Re: Duplicate images when moving

Using the right mouse button will do this, which is normal of course.
    Shouldn't do it with the left mouse button.

Are you left handed? Have you swapped your mouse buttons in Control Panel?
    Have any macro's running?
    IP

Thanks for the reply....

Not doing either actually. Tis perplexing. Doesn't always do it, but when it starts, a reboot is the only remedy.

The only thing new to the system is the Android SDK.... Might uninstall it and see if that might be giving it a problem, but it is not running so I don't think so.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Duplicate images when moving

Figured out the cause...

The story goes that for years I have used a wireless keyboard... Not long ago, I got a Saitek wired keyboard to upgrade my typing quality. I had set aside the wireless keyboard and completely forgot that I still have it on/connected. I had removed the batteries in the companion wireless mouse, but not the keyboard.

My wife in attempting to organize my home office (not a good thing to do) moved the keyboard one day over to the other side of the room, right next to where one of the cats likes to play.... They don't come into the office often, normally when I'm not in there, but apparently the cat was walking on the keyboard from time to time causing all kinds of weird results to happen like programs starting on their own etc...

Pretty funny actually. Thought I had a phantom users (or a bot) that was messing with the computer. turns out I did, named Mario (cat's name).
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by krelvin View Post
    .. apparently the cat was walking on the keyboard from time to time causing all kinds of weird results to happen like programs starting on their own etc....
    Cats are very smart. Mario was probably just trying to figure out how to send an 'e-meow' but because the mouse was dead (you'd removed the batteries) using a keyboard was unfamiliar and had 'cat'astrophic results. You could check Windows Event viewer>>Applications 'hiss'tory?
    IP