Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ok, this is not "Fine-Art" or art at all... (Silly pictures works fine with me!) Look at them as post-it note doodles re-drawn (as is) in Xara X, as that's what they are.

I showed some of these to Richard (RAMWolff) a week or so ago. The early ones were actually small doodles on post-it notes - centerline traced in Corel Trace, and the resulting lines where cleaned/spiffed up in Xara X.

However, being obsessive - I couldn't let a piece of software decide where the lines would end up - so I ended up just re-drawing them all in Xara X, which actually turned out to be even faster and much more fun.

All the gallery "fast" images will have some goofy captions on them eventually - but I have been too drained (to ill lately) to get to that part for all of them. I called them "fast" as I don't spend more than 10 minutes on them - it's my Xara X scrap-book of sorts.

Only the first ones have preliminary captions to them... some of them will change - one can only take sooo much hate mail.

http://www.ristoklint.com/picture-ga...gallery-1F.htm

http://www.ristoklint.com/picture-ga...gallery-2F.htm

Examples of those post-it notes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowflakes.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	19673  

Ok, this is not "Fine-Art" or art at all... (Silly pictures works fine with me!) Look at them as post-it note doodles re-drawn (as is) in Xara X, as that's what they are.

I showed some of these to Richard (RAMWolff) a week or so ago. The early ones were actually small doodles on post-it notes - centerline traced in Corel Trace, and the resulting lines where cleaned/spiffed up in Xara X.

However, being obsessive - I couldn't let a piece of software decide where the lines would end up - so I ended up just re-drawing them all in Xara X, which actually turned out to be even faster and much more fun.

All the gallery "fast" images will have some goofy captions on them eventually - but I have been too drained (to ill lately) to get to that part for all of them. I called them "fast" as I don't spend more than 10 minutes on them - it's my Xara X scrap-book of sorts.

Only the first ones have preliminary captions to them... some of them will change - one can only take sooo much hate mail.

http://www.ristoklint.com/picture-ga...gallery-1F.htm

http://www.ristoklint.com/picture-ga...gallery-2F.htm

Examples of those post-it notes...

I'd swear I had responded to this post, but I guess not. Fun and creative explorations Risto.

(How's the Google update coming?)

Gary

Carrots...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carrots.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	1897  

Thanks for looking guys.

Am I twisted? Yeah, maybe a little bit... I do enjoy people, even the nutty ones... as some of you might have seen on a post or two here at TG. (John at least, got to enjoy one of them with me... Ok, it got to be a bit much in the end... But it was still interesting... )

I really enjoy making pictures... Just dumping out all things that comes to mind, and fiddling all the colours in to place later on. The pictures in this thread are not really complicated, just making them for my own amusement.

And no, "Nutty" is not the same as "Twisted"... "Nutty" is just plain, well, "Nutty..."

Again, thanks for looking.

Risto, from one twisted sister to one twisted man, you are the most twistedess Canadian I know and that's the twoof!!

From your twisted friend..........
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

and 2 thumbs up from me too!

captions would be great too.

tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Soquili: Now we have to visit every day looking for the new ones <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    --- Ah, well... I don't write all that well in the first place... Adding the silly comments under the images in plain text instead, makes it easier to fix all the horrific grammatical, and spelling errors I will find as time goes by. Hey, the comments will evolve too, hopefully some will go from silly to goofy, and "twisted" if I'm lucky!

Just wait until I get my diary (blog of sorts) back online - then we will be talking really "twisted..." Yes, this part will also have a lot of spelling, and grammatical errors that will be fixed over time.

Thanks for looking!

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Awe, But Grafixman,

Are not all artists just a little bit twisted? We have to be, to see things just differently enough to see the art in the mudane of everday life. Much less trying to create it in any medium... From computers to paint, to mashed potatoes.
    John/DOT

man Risto, you sure do have a ton of talent... and that you have so much fun doing this art is pure bonus