So I posted this feature (Paint Inside) a couple of years back in this forum. No one seemed to think it that great especially Xara but apparently Adobe thought it was because now it's in CS5. The only difference in my version is that you would paint with a bitmap brush i.e. a simple airbrush type brush to create nice auto clipped shaded areas. I'm sorry to see that Adobe get's the claim for being innovative in this feature when it should have been Xara when X5 came out. Sure you can go through the painstaking process of a workaround but this is a workflow issue that would greatly speed up shading of vector objects and quite honestly this has always been the bottleneck of vector art. There have been many different attempts at enhancing vector shading like adobe mesh tool but really so far all of these are slow and cumbersome to use. I don't specifically like the vector brush implementation that Adobe has because you really can't get a nice smooth shade easily with a vector brush as you can with a bitmap brush.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creati...ID=0&npObjID=2

s.g.