Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: WD6 - Unhandleable unidentifiable exception in thread at 0x00000000

Thanks for that post Handrawn. XWD5 worked fine for me too. If it is a bug, its only a matter of time until this small band of posters grows. I wonder at what that count has to be to get Xara to get involved!!??
    I am in the process of backing up all my stuff ready to reinstall Windows Vista! I think now I will wait a couple of days for Xara to at least say SOMETHING.

I have the UK office number(01442 350000) so I can phone them Monday, you never know I might find something out, at least draw their attention to it.

wish I had a cat
    IP

Xara is a very small company - like as not your issue is in a queue, they will get round to it as soon as they can, but being a small company they can only do so much at once and everything has to wait its turn..

I have always found them very helpful...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yes small companies do have a hard time and tend to be more customer orientated even if the client base has to queue, the service you get is far better. However I thought Xara had been taken over by Magix last year ?
    I hope they are not a massive corpororation that put money first and last.

I tend to vent my feelings here a little as do most I promise I will not march on the company waving a huge protest plackard and chain myself to their office door until this bug is fixed LOL

Tempted as I am

Its such a damn good lil program, the only one that I have really got my head around and want to use 24/7!!!!!
    IP

AFAIK: Magix only service Magix products.

Ownership of one company by another does not mean direct involvement, nor does it necessarily mean a blank cheque. Its just one of those things companies do to make money, which is what they are [in reality] for

In this case it is symbiotic I believe..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I hope your right.

BTW xwd works ok on my netbook win xp so I think its just a vista bug. Unless there was a bad batch of downloads at the time we got ours...yes I am guessing now, clutching at straws and hoping tomorrow Xara will get back to us. Waiting for Rains as Sledger said
    IP

Yeah this happened to me too, sent crash info to Xara every time,about 15 crashes or so.

Then I switched to the old interface using Ctrl Alt Shift and S key and I no longer get the crashes.

Can't remember where I read to try that, but it worked,and I like the Grey interface colour better anyway.

(Running Windows 7 64 bit on a Intel 8400 overclocked to 3900 Mhz with 8 Gig memory)
    Last edited by Zenarcher; 11 April 2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added computer info.
    IP

WHO da MAN ???? YOU da MAN !!! hahahha assuming your male, but your greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU Zenarcher your suggestion fixed my problem and I hope the others that have been suffering it for so long.

You made my weekend

Lang may your lum reek
    IP

No problemo.
    IP

Are anyone experiencing this problem also running an OS theming application like 'Window Blinds' or similar?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarcher View Post
    Yeah this happened to me too, sent crash info to Xara every time,about 15 crashes or so.

Then I switched to the old interface using Ctrl Alt Shift and S key and I no longer get the crashes.

Can't remember where I read to try that, but it worked,and I like the Grey interface colour better anyway.

(Running Windows 7 64 bit on a Intel 8400 overclocked to 3900 Mhz with 8 Gig memory)
    Workaround works for me as well. Using Ctrl Alt Shift S to switch to the grey interface allows me to navigate freely up and down the save dialogue no problem. Even after quitting that dialogue i.e not saving, and switching back via the key combo to the new interface, I can now navigate my folders with equanimity. Something then in the new interface upsets some setups.
    IP