Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Default Re: web designer six

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Black text on a charcoal background ... please ...
    In my book, that's just terrible.
    You're right, that's not intentional, you shouldn't see charcoal on black - we're looking into it.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    So if I upgrade from XX5 to XX6 I will lose the web design features ?
    What I mean is that we are not adding the new web features of Web Designer 6 to the next version of Xtreme, only Xtreme Pro. There are already drawing and photo features in Pro that aren't in Xtreme, and for web features it will be the same. For many people Xtreme does everything they need for print and the web, and we hope it will remain this way - but ultimately Pro is the top of the range and it has everything. So if you want the new web features of Web Designer 6 you could upgrade to Pro (and we often do upgrade deals, I'm sure we will continue to do so) or buy Web Designer 6.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

So the web design features that are currently in XX5 will remain but not be enhanced in XX6?

Also, as suggested, if we want the additional WD6 enhancements and can't justify upgrading to XXpro (which at £120 is way too much for me), we'll need to step back to using two separate programs which kind of defeats the logic of having integrated WD5 functionality in XX5 IMO.

Confused, and still disappointed. Might just upgrade to WD6 and skip XX6...
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 March 2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: No need to quote preceding post in full

Thanks for the clarification Kate.

I suspect that many will downgrade to XWD6 rather that upgrage to XX6 or XXP6 though. I await the XXP6 ugrade deal with interest (and a skinny wallet)

Quote Originally Posted by pbready
    Confused, and still disappointed. Might just upgrade to WD6 and skip XX6...
    That's exactly what I've decided to do.

I think it is strange that the sample .MP4 format video on the Instruction.xar file is created with WD5 and is saved in .xar format. It will be very confusing to a newbie or someone giving the trial a test drive. It is a wonderful instruction video but I think it should be created using WD6 and saved using .web

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    You're right, that's not intentional, you shouldn't see charcoal on black - we're looking into it.
    thanks for that Kate - phew!
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

What bothers me more is the grey numbers on dark grey when using the Rectangle or the Ellipse tool for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    What I mean is that we are not adding the new web features of Web Designer 6 to the next version of Xtreme, only Xtreme Pro. There are already drawing and photo features in Pro that aren't in Xtreme, and for web features it will be the same.

I understand that Xara would want to include advanced web features in Xtreme Pro but it seems to me that they should be top-of-the-line web features that are neither in XWD nor in Xtreme.

Xtreme has been positioned between XWD and Pro, meaning that Xtreme contains the whole feature set of XWD and offers quite some more. For instance, Xtreme's content-aware photo rescaling feature makes it ideal for making web banners and its drawing functionality allows for customized content design.

Can't Xara come up with some additional web authoring features that would merit Pro status? The program lineup and and the paths for upgrading you're suggesting are really not that elegant and I hope that Xara will reconsider them.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post

I suspect that many will downgrade to XWD6 rather that upgrage to XX6 or XXP6 though.
    Not me. I am skipping the WD6 upgrade and waiting for XXPro6. I am hoping that along with the new web features that there will be some new illustration features as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.