Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default need recomendations for an affordable tablet.

hi what would people recommend for a drawing table to use with xara. not to expensive. and i mean like in the little more little less around a hundred price range? if i find i like using a tablet ill sell my music software for a much better one but for now?

Default Re: need recomendations for an affordable tablet.

Many people find the WACOM BAMBOO represents the best entry level value.
    Certainly suits your price range.

Hi, the Wacom Bamboo is an excellent tablet and comes with some very good software, Corel painter essentials and photoshop essentials. The software might have changed so its worth looking to see. I also tried a logitech tablet which is cheaper and very robust, the only problem is the pen needs to have a battery in it while the Wacom doesn't

Before you spend your hard earned pennies try one. I find I am much quicker preparing my design or cartoon ideas first on paper and then scanning them into Xara then using the shape editor to go round my scanned image on a new layer. I have practised & practised to get my speed up but I can't seem to get the same feel as I do with my mouse. But hey, that's me, we are all different but I still resent having spent all that money on a Wacom and it lies in the cupboard only being used when I take the laptop out.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I've been using a cadboy for a few years now; http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPP-graphic_tablets--ngs

Cheap reliable and easy to install.

Hi
    I posted my enthusiasm for the Bamboo in this thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44179
    Its one of the cheapest but I found it surprisingly good when I came to draw with it after a previous very disappointing Wacom Graphire.
    I've attached the drawing I did with the Bamboo in XtremePro5 as an example.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onion.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	70550  
    Last edited by masque; 15 March 2010 at 02:34 PM.