Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: onion

Default onion

Another unfinished drawing, this time an onion drawn from life using a wacom bamboo tablet.
    This tablet (on loan) is so much better than my old tablet, its a completly different experience when drawing. I might have to get me one, I like it so much I might even get round to finishing this.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onion.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	70445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onion line.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	70446  

Default Re: onion

Very nice, such detail. Amazing at the realistic values.

I am new to the Wacom product. Just looked it up and there are so many models. Which one would work for a beginner?

Keep showing your work, I am really impressed with your talent.
    Carl

Drawn from life and true to life! Nice one!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Carl
    I would go for the Wacom Bamboo either the 'pen and touch' or just the 'pen' model, the same as I used to sketch my onion. The 'pen and touch' acts as a track pad as well as a drawing tablet if you turn that feature on, while the 'pen' just works with, you guessed it, a pen, though I believe it has a lesser range of pressure sensitivity for drawing.
    I also have an Intuos4 to hand though it seems to have a fault, hence the Bamboo for the moment.
    As far as I know the Bamboo is the cheapest in the wacom range, but as I said I was very impressed. My old Wacom Graphire (deceased), was a bit like drawing on a window with a biro but this is much better.
    Derek

Derek:

Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I found the Wacom Bamboo pen for $62.99 and the pen and touch for $92.80, both with free shipping. Would you recommend the pen or pen and touch?
    I have never used a tablet, but I can see where it would come in handy and would be a great tool to use with Xara.
    Thanks
    Carl

Carl
    The one I'm using at the moment is the pen and touch and as I said before I think it has a greater range of pressures when drawing. The touch feature itself is of limited value I think but if the quality of pen drawing due to the sensitivity is better then thats the one I'd go for. There is also a range of programable buttons on the 'touch' that are useful and I don't think they are on the pen only model.
    You still need at least one extra pair of hands as I find I'm using the tablet, a mouse and the keyboard. It was so much easier when I just had a pencil and a piece of paper.
    Derek

My old Wacom Graphire (deceased), was a bit like drawing on a window with a biro
    This made me laugh out loud. I think my Wacom is a Graphire and I never knew how to describe the sensation, but your description is perfect. Using my Lenovo Tablet/laptop, the pen is SO much better (and of course being 1:1 with the screen helps).

great drawing Derek
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for all the information on the Wacom. I will continue to do research. I will let you know the outcome. At the moment I am leaning toward the Pen and Touch.
    Thanks again.
    Carl

Very, very nice. I touch of realism and I touch of art (as always). And a good use of the tablet pen, even if with a small surface like the bamboo.. Lupen