Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Anti social photographer is arrested

I apologize for the apparent misunderstanding. Thanks for the kind clarification, handrawn.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    It was originally just a video
    A provocative video I may add. I don't think Talkgraphics is a proper place for this kind of content. Next to this, one could post some political, religious or discriminating videos. Would they be just a videos too?
    Thank you.
    John.
    IP

As with any forum on the web, it's the usually the propensity of some members who initiate arguments to defend their own opinions which injects the potential for retaliation (baiting) who really determine whether a thread is turned into a heated debate or not.
    This thread thus far has been civil, it's very easy to keep it that way, we're all friends here at TG and everyone has the option not to participate in a discussion.

The thread was posted as a curious current view about life at street level for a form of 'graphics' (photography) which ordinary people like us have enjoyed for decades. A study of human beings and of their interactions with each other and the environment.....It's anthropology 2010.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 24 February 2010 at 05:45 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    .It's anthropology 2010.
    That makes sense.
    John.
    IP

I spoke with my 85 year old anthropologist father on the phone just this afternoon. (Seriously ... a PhD with three masters degrees.) Communication is complex, even in person, he reminded me. Effectively communicating in text, and in the company of internet (his emphasis) participants, requires intentional language skills and a genuine personal investment. I will do better in the future. I promise.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Thank you.
    Your welcome (to stop an endless debate where I am always right ofcourse, as usual )
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

IP

Terrorist Act should not be 'used to stop ordinary people taking photos or to curtail legitimate journalistic activity'.
    As far as I understand, in the originally posted video no one was trying to stop ordinary people from taking pictures. Or even video.
    John.
    IP

The posted video was a symptom was it not?
    IP

Well, if you are forced to provide your details to get a ticket on a plane, is it a symptom of someone trying to stop you using the airline transport?
    John.
    IP