Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default text with a wavy brass fill tutorial

Hi
    Not sure where I should post this but I'm trying to make a gold effect and I have tried doing the tutorial: Text with a wavy brass fill, workbook 61 (july 2007). The colour values RGB (I think that is what you call them) do not appear as the colour blocks shown. I also tried the chrome effect and had the same results. It looks like the RGB's have been written the same for different colours. Could someone check this for me or would somebody give me the values of the gold effect done by Gary. Thank you.

Default Re: text with a wavy brass fill tutorial

Hi Hollyblue

The brass colours are all correct in the RGB colour model except the first colour which should be: 185 170 80

The RGB Chrome colours should be (from top to bottom):
    115 149 175
    245 250 254
    40 60 75
    220 215 215

Looks like a cut/paste typo in the tut graphics ... hope this helps.

Regards

Su

Sometimes it helps to pull the image onto the desktop from your browser and use the eyedropper tool to sample the colors.

I get easily distracted and sometimes forget to change the values when I copy and paste.

Many thanks for the help and tip. Sorry, us newbies must be so irritating at times. I appreciate all your hard work.

Newbies are important to the life of the product and the life of the forum. Besides, the answers to your questions may well be helpful to someone else (even not-so-newbies ).

I totally agree with your statements....I've been helped big time because someone asked a question that they were worried was 'silly'.

Folks, there is no such thing as a silly question. Someone will for sure learn from it. It might be good to remember that if you have the question, it's likely that several others out there also have that question, especially in a forum this size.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11