Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Image Hotspots?

Default Image Hotspots?

Okay, I am about to pull my hair out. I can't find anything in the Help section of Xpro5 on this. I want to create a graphic where you can click on certain parts of it and it will take you to a designated url (a different url for each spot).

Is there any way to do this in Xpro? I'm completely lost.

Default Re: Image Hotspots?

You're talking about 'Image Maps' where an area of an image is mapped for a anchor ref trigger.
    You'll find Image Map in the export dialog for all bitmap types, but to be frank, it's dead easy to just create a 99% transparent object on top of the area you want to trigger a link from and apply the link to that.

This was discussed recently here;
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42167

This is how I do it...
    I create the shape of the hotspot on a new layer, give it no line and no fill. Select it then jump straight into web properties Shift+Ctrl+W select what I want, in your case, 'Link to web address'.... fill in the appropriate url...
    I hope this helps..
    Paul

I was beaten to the post....

Thanks everyone. You know, I'm really having a tough time with this. Any other resources on this or more fundamental, step-by-steps somewhere? I just can't get things to work (I'm a complete newbie at this).

video Re: Image Hotspots?

Here's a short video to show the steps.

FULL SCREEN or DOWNLOAD 3.26mb

Please note when the cursor enters the limits of the bounding box/rectangle of any transparent shape (that has a link assigned to it) the cursor changes shape and the trigger is recognized. The shape itself is insignificant.

Yes the bounding area is always a rectangle no matter what shape you choose because it's a bitmap hotspot rather than an imagemap - however it is significant insofar-as being the right size for the area you want to apply the link to.
    My video clearly shows the cursor (arrow) changing to the generic hand pointer as it moves into the hotspot.