Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Make buttons in a multi-level nav bar change color

I am working on You Tube Xara Web Design trying to change the colors in the nav bar "Make Buttons in a multi-level nav bar change colors" in the mousedown layer in the object gallery. I did get to the point whereby I did a copy and paste in the first dropdown menu. I understand after that I'm suspose to do a control click on each of the buttons so I can change the color on all 3 buttons. I can do a control click on the first button but the control click does not seem to work on the other two buttons so I can change the color. As a results I am unable to change to one color on all three groups on the layer mousedown.

Looking forward to your reply.

Default Re: Make buttons in a multi-level nav bar change color

I am working on You Tube Xara Web Design trying to change the colors in the nav bar "Make Buttons in a multi-level nav bar change colors"
    What's this about Sheila?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I was looking for additional tutorials so I typed Xara Web Designer on You Tube. Under the video "Creating a multi-level menu/nav bar using Xara Xtreme Pro/Web Designer.

The video covers making mousedown states in a nav bar. I am unable to do a control click on the three buttons to change the colors. The control click seems to work only on the first button so I get only one button to change colors. Why doesn't the control click work on the other two buttons so all three buttons will change color? This is Part 3 of 5.

HERE'S A LINK

Sheila, it would assist members if you supplied a link to any internet resources you mention and also supply a xar/web file that you're having problems with.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLw7h0dw20 - Copy and paste this in your address bar and it will explain making buttons in a multi-level nav bar to change colors - Part 3 of 5.

I am unable to do a control on all three buttons to make them change color in the dropdown menu. I can get the first button to change color but unable to change the other two, I'm unable to do the control on buttons two and three. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 30 November 2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added referred to youtube inline

Sorry!!

Its a mousedown.

Echo what Egg said:
    ... supply a xar/web file that you're having problems with.
    It's a great way to ensure that we start on the same page.

I am having trouble changing all three colors on the nav bar on the video example "Creating a multi-levelmenu/nav bar using Xara Xreme Pro/Web Designer - Part 3 of 5.

The link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLw7h0dw20. I am doing an example of this while I am watching the video and the problems area starts at: 0.47 seconds to 1:08 seconds into the the video. The video shows the best example for everthing they are trying to accomplish.

Thanks,

Sheila you have already once posted the link to the video you refer to and seem to be repeating yourself, we can all watch the video fine thank you but this does not help us help you.
    Please attach YOUR example .xar for members to help you with as requested otherwise any further comments can only be guesswork.

I was referring to the video so you could see the exact spot I was having problems making the colors change. I am unable to do a control click on all three buttons. I can only see the control click work on one button and I can't get the others to work.

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files