Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Running movies

Default Running movies

I use my XP computer for doing my work, which is not connected to the internet, and cannot get the movies to run from the help menu on XtremePro version 5.

For a workaround, until sorted, I can run them using a shortcut to the folder.

What simple step have I missed on the installation?

Peter

Default Re: Running movies

The Help and Support movies are in .flv (flash Video) and .MP4 format. Xtreme installs the JW Player to handle both these types internally via the Help menu which you should have in the folder:
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 5\HelpAndSupport\ENG\xaracontent\player.swf
    These are called by a HTML file in the folder
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 5\HelpAndSupport\ENG\movies.htm

You can check that you installation is complete by checking those folders manually.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The Help and Support movies are in .flv (flash Video) and .MP4 format. Xtreme installs the JW Player to handle both these types internally via the Help menu which you should have in the folder:
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 5\HelpAndSupport\ENG\xaracontent\player.swf
    These are called by a HTML file in the folder
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 5\HelpAndSupport\ENG\movies.htm

You can check that you installation is complete by checking those folders manually.
    Yes they are complete and I can run the movies but not from the help menu:-((

Have you updated your Adobe Flash player recently?