Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Greedy for clip art, etc

Hi,
    Hopefully I've chosen the appropriate forum?
    Regrettably, my artistic skills are very poor, so I am looking for any ideas where to buy some commercially available clip art software? Some years ago, I bought some software at a retail outlet for quite a modest price, which included 4 or 5 disks with heaps of images, clip art and photos. I can't remember the name of that one now, but it would be a bit dated anyway I guess. The clip art etc in Xara Xtreme design gallery is very good, however, I would like much more 'at my fingertips' to browse and choose from, with more topics as well. Does anyone have some recommendations where I can buy and/or download such software please? I realise I can buy individual artwork from various sellers on the internet, but I really want to have a collection, of my own. Also, while I definitely appreciate the artist's skills, I doubt if I could afford the prices they ask (and I don't want to buy just one or two images anyway).

Default Re: Greedy for clip art, etc

Quote Originally Posted by rikkoshea View Post
    Hi,
    Hopefully I've chosen the appropriate forum?

Actually no, you posted in a non-Xara and non-Artwork related forum..
    Never mind, I have moved the thread

Hi Rikk

I still use clipart from the Art Explosion collection I purchased 10 years ago or so. It's can be useful even though the wmf format is old and clunky, and the images may not be easy to modify.

These days, I'm more likely to go to a microstock site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microstock_photography). Many of them offer vector images in addition to photos. The standard vector format is eps. Typically, these images are easier to modify than the old wmfs.

Clipart collections such as Art Explosion are still available. Just google (or yahoo, or whatever you do to search the web ), look at the examples and see if they're what you're looking for. What one person thinks is a great collection may not look that way to someone else.

Allison

How about iStockphoto.com? Their stuff isn't free, but they do have vector clip art.

I use a lot of stuff from istock. Some of the other microstock sites are cheaper. It also helps to have some alternatives when istock doesn't have what you need.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You could try clipart.com It is a subscription based service, that has millions of clipart, photos, sounds, and even fonts. Most of the eps files import into Xtreme without any problem, and if you do come across the odd one that won't work there is always a selection of other file types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.