Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Hi Xara Team,

I discovered some more bugs:

01. Bevel tool -> apply bevel -> select 'contrast' -> type in 90 in the % field and press ENTER - it returns ' 0 ' . Pretty strange, because numbers up to 89 are accepted :-)

02. When I try to open a document from XARA 2.0, I get following message:

Error from XARA X
    An internal error has occured. Failed to read the requested Type 1 character outline.

Now, this is extremely strange: When I first installed the trial version, everything was ok. I dl the latest release yesterday, and now I have trouble with my Type 1 fonts.

No, this does not happen with XARA 2.0. It does not make any difference if I am running XARA 2.0 at the same time or not. I tried to run XARA X as the only one software - still the same messages. All other apps behave normal and can read the Type 1 fonts - my Adobe Type Manager Deluxe for Windows NT is up and running, and I even re-installed it just to make sure it's not a screwed up information file from Adobe.

When I open up the font gallery, several fonts in XARA X are simply displayed with a box and and a vertical and horizontal line in it.

BTW, I installed XARA 2.0 on my other machine with W2K Pro, which does not need the Adobe Type Manager to display Type 1 fonts. Guess what happened: the font gallery displays 20 times the Arial font (though it is installed only once on the machine), as well as the Times font - extremely strange behaviour. OK, I can live with it, but this points out that there might be a problem with the font engine in XARA - if I am not totally wrong. On the other hand - it does not bother me, everything else is running smooth.

I will try to re-install the first XARA X trial again today to check if the problem persists.

Thanks a lot,
    jens g.r. benthien
    creative director
    Genesis II Networks, LLC
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Hi Xara Team,

I discovered some more bugs:

01. Bevel tool -> apply bevel -> select 'contrast' -> type in 90 in the % field and press ENTER - it returns ' 0 ' . Pretty strange, because numbers up to 89 are accepted :-)

02. When I try to open a document from XARA 2.0, I get following message:

Error from XARA X
    An internal error has occured. Failed to read the requested Type 1 character outline.

Now, this is extremely strange: When I first installed the trial version, everything was ok. I dl the latest release yesterday, and now I have trouble with my Type 1 fonts.

No, this does not happen with XARA 2.0. It does not make any difference if I am running XARA 2.0 at the same time or not. I tried to run XARA X as the only one software - still the same messages. All other apps behave normal and can read the Type 1 fonts - my Adobe Type Manager Deluxe for Windows NT is up and running, and I even re-installed it just to make sure it's not a screwed up information file from Adobe.

When I open up the font gallery, several fonts in XARA X are simply displayed with a box and and a vertical and horizontal line in it.

BTW, I installed XARA 2.0 on my other machine with W2K Pro, which does not need the Adobe Type Manager to display Type 1 fonts. Guess what happened: the font gallery displays 20 times the Arial font (though it is installed only once on the machine), as well as the Times font - extremely strange behaviour. OK, I can live with it, but this points out that there might be a problem with the font engine in XARA - if I am not totally wrong. On the other hand - it does not bother me, everything else is running smooth.

I will try to re-install the first XARA X trial again today to check if the problem persists.

Thanks a lot,
    jens g.r. benthien
    creative director
    Genesis II Networks, LLC
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Al cudia is right.

With the slidecontrol there is no problem, but entering figures above 89 results in 0.

On 12-05-00 at 12:00 AM jens g.r. benthien
    wrote:
    >
    >I will try to re-install the first XARA X trial
    >again today to check if the problem persists.

It seems that you have to uninstall Adobe Type Manager before installing Xara to prevent the
    "Type 1 character outline" error. I had this problem when I first installed Corel Xara 2 and again when I just installed Xara X.

So remove ATM then install Xara and then
    re-install ATM and all will be well with the world .... and you can open those documents again!

Reji
    The WheelBrat

----
    I started out with nothing & still have most of it left.
    ----
    /|================================================= |\
    The O CONSULTANT | Reji Martin,
    Wheel /- TO THE | reji@isn.net
    Brat ( )\_ STAIRS! | PEI, Canada
    \|================================================ =|/
    ---- Checkout my carvings @
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...34527&a=216030
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada