Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Eric,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Using any application in such a manner is counter productive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've hit the nail on its head! But somehow it appears to me - at least in this thread - that the pure number of installed fonts and the size of the HD capacity is a benchmark for creativity.

Poor world...
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I also use my computer to earn my living, 7 days a week. I would never use any application that crashed 4 times a day and depended on an autosave feature. Using any application in such a manner is counter productive.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this straight - you wouldn't use an application if it crashed 4 times a day - I better switch from xara then. So even if you loved the offending article you wouldn't use it. You have to be joking. Come on. And how can using such an application be counter productive - what two minutes to load it up again - if you have autosave on then you've lost at most 5 minutes work - what 7 minutes x 4 = 28 minutes of the day taken up with a little hassle is counter productive. Counter productive to what?! You never said. But if you meant to the grand scheme of being a designer for a living - then no it's not - I work 3 days a week (not 7) and make a good living from it even with the crashes.

Slow and steady win the race - forget it - push the envelope - reep the rewards - that's my attitude.

James,
    Would you consider getting another PC that is a "virgin" from all the software you've installed and uninstalled.
    The place where I work are getting a Mac now.
    Anyway you should use Registry First Aid Kit software - cleans your registry files. Aside from that - www.RoseCitySoftware.com/Reg1stAid/index2.html
    I like this program.
    I've installed a trial version of Adobe Illustrator CS and it won't last more than 2 minutes before crashes, especially when using the 3D plugin. So I had to uninstall it.
    CorelDraw 12 is better though at my opinion, I didn't quiet use it but the trial doesnt crash, though it has less plugins to come with (I especially like the CADtool).

Anyway, format can sometimes be useful (I know it sounds like killing your beloved dog http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif