Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Add New Layer

Hybrid View

Unhappy Add New Layer

I think I have lost it, must have had 1 too many birthday and joined the old age. I cannot for the likes of me create a new layer or duplicate one. I have been using xtreme 4 and now 5 to develop my websites and have always been able to create new layers, draw on them add to them, hide them, use them as mouse over etc. etc. etc. All of a sudden I cannot add new layers. I have tried on various web sites I created and even open a new page and tried to add a new layer and it just does'nt happen. What's up. Anybody know? I search under help "layers" followed simple directions saying that NEW, DUPLICATE or DELETE in the Object Gallery does just what it says. I Just can't do it anymore. HELP!
    Sorry I first did my post in the Deuth area.
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'

Thumbs up Re: Add New Layer

OK, just found the answer. It is definately a XARA bug. I read that if you right click on page or layer you can add new and it works. I must have been doing that all along and forgot. When I tried the NEW button nothing worked and it scared me, actually upset me, I thought I always added layers by hitting the NEW button. Obviously not. At least I can go back to adding them the old way and disreguard those NEW, DUPLICATE buttons. The DELETE button does what it says ok. sorry for the premature post, just got a bit frustrated and knew I could count on you guys, thanks anyway. If there is a fix for those buttons please let me know otherwise I am ok. Love that XARA.
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'

Default Re: Add New Layer

Andrestyle, the same happened to me and to a couple of other people with 5.

Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it for me.

A layer or page must be selected for the buttons to work.