Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XWD Status Line

Default XWD Status Line

According to some of the video tutorials, there should be a Status Line at the bottom of the design page. My XWD doesn't display this line.

The help file makes a reference to it, saying; "This appears at the bottom of the window. The status line tells you about the selected objects, available options, live drag/snapping indicators, and the X/Y position of the pointer".

There are no instructions, that I could find, explaining how to display the line if it is not shown. I have XWD 5.0.1. Any ideas?

Default Re: XWD Status Line

Hi Vince,

The status line should be right under the colours at the bottom of the screen.

Ed......:-)

Quote Originally Posted by vince220 View Post
    According to some of the video tutorials, there should be a Status Line at the bottom of the design page. My XWD doesn't display this line.

The help file makes a reference to it, saying; "This appears at the bottom of the window. The status line tells you about the selected objects, available options, live drag/snapping indicators, and the X/Y position of the pointer".

There are no instructions, that I could find, explaining how to display the line if it is not shown. I have XWD 5.0.1. Any ideas?
    Here it says "Nothing Selected."

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 15 August 2009 at 07:15 AM.

Hi,
    Go to "windows"> then open Bars> then select check mark >>Status line see what happens.
    Jim

Jim this option is not included with Xara Web Designer.

I found it!
    When I installed XWD it defaulted to full screen, which was ok with me since I prefer to work that way. However, I read in Help that full screen takes away the Status Line as well as the File menu bar at the top of the screen. Deselecting the full screen option returns both features.

Thanks to all who took the time to look into this for me.

Welcome Vince. Glad you got it sorted out.