Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Xara Pro 5 compatible with 64 bit OS

HI....When Microsoft releases the new Windows 7 64 bit OS, will Xara Pro 5 be completely compatible with this new version??

The reason I am asking this is because I have read a few bad reports in the Talk Graphics forums that Xara Pro will "freeze the screen" on 64 bit machines .... forcing you to reboot your 64 bit operating system

Thanks. . .

Default Re: Xara Pro 5 compatible with 64 bit OS

I have been running Xara Web Designer and Xara Xtreme Pro 5 on 64bit Windows 7 RC on a laptop since they were both released without a single error or freeze.
    I also run Xtreme 4 and Xara 3D6 on the same system flawlessly.

Sledger...thanks for the info. I have the Release Candidate for windows 7 installed as a virtual machine and I'm sure you know that you cannot create a 64 bit VM on a 32 bit computer... otherwise I could install the Pro 5 and check it out.

Thanks again for your info and I think I'll get the 64 bit to take advantage of added ram you can have versus the limited 4 gigs for a 32 bit computer.

Before you commit yourself to a 64bit OS to allow more RAM an then run a 32bit application such as Xtreme.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=40832

Sledger... Interesting article in the thread concerning the Xtreme mem limit and I'll certainly keep that in mind. Perhaps in a couple years Xara will also introduce a 64 bit version as well. Thanks