Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Paste in Place: Wrong Place!

When I copy the text in this file, then try to "Paste-In-Place" (Ctrl/Shft/V), it doesn't past-in-place. I discovered this with another file, and the duplicate was down and about the same distance to the left of the original text. When I created the file for this post, the duplicate was still a bit to the left, but not 'down'.

The text is formatted as an html link, which causes the anomaly, so I can work around the problem by removing the link, pasting, then reapplying the link. I'm posting this to see if others get the same results or if, by some freak chance, it's just my installation. BTW, I have the CD version installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!

Default Re: Paste in Place: Wrong Place!

Rick you didn't say whether your are trying to PiP to another page or layer?

Either way, no problems here.
    The PiP ends up at precisely the same page co-ords on either a new page or layer.

X: 0.669in
    Y: 8.571in

When I created the file for this post, the duplicate was still a bit to the left, but not 'down'.
    There is only one page, one layer and one instance in your file - no duplicates.

BTW: If you are going to PiP from one file to another, both files MUST be using the same page size.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Rick you didn't say whether your are trying to PiP to another page or layer?
    In the original file (too large for demonstration here-which is why I made the attached file) I was trying to pip on a different layer-same page, but I get the same problem when pip on the same layer.

Either way, no problems here.
    The PiP ends up at precisely the same page co-ords on either a new page or layer:
    X: 0.669in
    Y: 8.571in
    I think you duplicated the rectangle along with the text. That could be another work-around for the problem- when I copied the text and the rectangle, then pip, it pasted in the right place.

There is only one page, one layer and one instance in your file - no duplicates.
    I just made the file for this post- I was asking folks to download the file [implied], select the text, duplicate it and see if it pip correctly. I explained my results so members would know what to look for.
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!

I downloaded your file and got the same result as you. Further checking showed that the text has a link applied to it (page1) Remove the link and the pip works correctly so the problem is related to having a link applied in web properties.