Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

If you're new to the Xara X forum, welcome. Before you ask a question, please take a look at this FAQ. It may have an answer to the question you're looking for.

You can also check out the general support FAQs.

When will the CDs be shipped?
    When the product is first released, there is normally a longer delay in producting and posting the CDs. Our software goes through a number of stages of testing; Firstly, internally. Secondly, with our beta testers. The third stage is the general release, when the product goes on sale. This third stage is valuable for us as with the product on a wider release we can monitor any problems and fix them accordingly. Only when we're happy that the product is as good as we can make it do we then send the CDs for duplication. This way the CD you get should be the best version, and with most of the updates out of the way you can install and enjoy your product without updates every few days! Also remember that your software, when downloaded and unlocked, is the full version -- so you're not losing out on Xara X functionality whilst waiting for your CD to arrive. <span class="ev_code_RED">Updated:</span> as of 9 July the entire backlog is now clear. Your Xara X product should be in the post. Please give it a few days to arrive, particularly for our non-UK customers. Thank you for your patience.

But why isn't there [insert feature] in X¹?
    It would be impossible for us to include every new feature suggestion. We have to decide what are the most important features, and what we can achieve in a reasonable timescale. But just because a feature you requested isn't in X¹, doesn't mean it'll never happen. X¹ is the start of great things for Xara X. This update was to freshen up the product, and has some very nifty enhancements. We know it's not a major update, but we know this and that's also reflected in our upgrade price -- an extremely small update price compared to most software products around we're sure you'll agree! The main thing is that there's more to come in the future, and this is just the start. We monitor TalkGraphics a lot, and as you may have noticed Xara's CEO Charles Moir does frequent the Xara X forum and he keeps an eye on what people are saying and requesting. If a feature has been requested before, it will be on his list for consideration in future versions. We never say what'll be in the new versions, because we wouldn't want to promise anything, and of coure software development has to be quite fluid as needs dictate. So in short, just becuase it's not in X¹ doesn't mean it won't ever be in Xara X, and it also doesn't mean the feature has been ignored or denied. You'll just have to wait and see what comes up in the future... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Remember, as Charles said: "The aim of this release is to demonstrate that Xara X is alive and well and actively being developed. Xara X¹ is not the end, but the beginning of new phase of development of Xara X."

I found a bug, what do I do?
    Firstly, are you sure that it's a bug? Often the way a feature works is mistaken for a bug, or there's an easy solution. Firstly, search the forum (select the 'find' option in the top toolbar) to see if it's been covered before. If it hasn't, post a new topic. Giving accurate information is vital. So please post exactly what you think the problem is, what you did to cause it, and attach the Xara X document in question if that is necessary. The forum is very active, and often problems are solved by the Xara X regulars who already know the solution to your problem.

I have a question about XPE, where do I post it?
    We have a dedicated forum for the little wonder called Xara Picture Editor.

What's new in Xara X¹?
    Check out the what's new page of the Xara website, or check Charles's original post.

Where did my topic go?
    If you created a topic in the Xara X forum and it disappears, it's probably off-topic. The Xara X forum is only for topics about Xara X. Check out the other forums, such as off-topic, to find your topic.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

If you're new to the Xara X forum, welcome. Before you ask a question, please take a look at this FAQ. It may have an answer to the question you're looking for.

You can also check out the general support FAQs.

When will the CDs be shipped?
    When the product is first released, there is normally a longer delay in producting and posting the CDs. Our software goes through a number of stages of testing; Firstly, internally. Secondly, with our beta testers. The third stage is the general release, when the product goes on sale. This third stage is valuable for us as with the product on a wider release we can monitor any problems and fix them accordingly. Only when we're happy that the product is as good as we can make it do we then send the CDs for duplication. This way the CD you get should be the best version, and with most of the updates out of the way you can install and enjoy your product without updates every few days! Also remember that your software, when downloaded and unlocked, is the full version -- so you're not losing out on Xara X functionality whilst waiting for your CD to arrive. <span class="ev_code_RED">Updated:</span> as of 9 July the entire backlog is now clear. Your Xara X product should be in the post. Please give it a few days to arrive, particularly for our non-UK customers. Thank you for your patience.

But why isn't there [insert feature] in X¹?
    It would be impossible for us to include every new feature suggestion. We have to decide what are the most important features, and what we can achieve in a reasonable timescale. But just because a feature you requested isn't in X¹, doesn't mean it'll never happen. X¹ is the start of great things for Xara X. This update was to freshen up the product, and has some very nifty enhancements. We know it's not a major update, but we know this and that's also reflected in our upgrade price -- an extremely small update price compared to most software products around we're sure you'll agree! The main thing is that there's more to come in the future, and this is just the start. We monitor TalkGraphics a lot, and as you may have noticed Xara's CEO Charles Moir does frequent the Xara X forum and he keeps an eye on what people are saying and requesting. If a feature has been requested before, it will be on his list for consideration in future versions. We never say what'll be in the new versions, because we wouldn't want to promise anything, and of coure software development has to be quite fluid as needs dictate. So in short, just becuase it's not in X¹ doesn't mean it won't ever be in Xara X, and it also doesn't mean the feature has been ignored or denied. You'll just have to wait and see what comes up in the future... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Remember, as Charles said: "The aim of this release is to demonstrate that Xara X is alive and well and actively being developed. Xara X¹ is not the end, but the beginning of new phase of development of Xara X."

I found a bug, what do I do?
    Firstly, are you sure that it's a bug? Often the way a feature works is mistaken for a bug, or there's an easy solution. Firstly, search the forum (select the 'find' option in the top toolbar) to see if it's been covered before. If it hasn't, post a new topic. Giving accurate information is vital. So please post exactly what you think the problem is, what you did to cause it, and attach the Xara X document in question if that is necessary. The forum is very active, and often problems are solved by the Xara X regulars who already know the solution to your problem.

I have a question about XPE, where do I post it?
    We have a dedicated forum for the little wonder called Xara Picture Editor.

What's new in Xara X¹?
    Check out the what's new page of the Xara website, or check Charles's original post.

Where did my topic go?
    If you created a topic in the Xara X forum and it disappears, it's probably off-topic. The Xara X forum is only for topics about Xara X. Check out the other forums, such as off-topic, to find your topic.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP