Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot Save Changes to previously made Menu Maker 1.1 menu

I created menus for numerous sites in Front Page on a computer; then I got another computer and transferred all my sites and computer programs to it... Now I can pull up the menus in the sites, make additions or changes, as expected... BUT, upon trying to Save there is failure per this message: "Xara Menu Maker is unable to write to that specified destination. Please check that the destination is writable." ---- I also have to put in the MM serial number each time to get the it to launch... something I did not have to do prior to switching to the new computer. -- Thanks for any insight that
    ight be out there... GG

Default Re: Cannot Save Changes to previously made Menu Maker 1.1 menu

Hi GG, try running Menu Maker by right clicking the desktop icon and selecting Run as administrator. You will only need to do this one time.

The request for the MM serial number every time you start the app indicates it has not written required information to the Windows registry. Running it once as Administrator should write the required information within the registry. This should also allow the application to write to the specified destination.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you!.... that fixed my having to provide the SS # each time... but still am not able to save upon making an addtion or amendment to a menu. I have not tried restarting my computer yet..... which might make a difference. -- G

Glad the serial number issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you still have a problem saving, once you have rebooted your computer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Have figured out that the not able to save problem is due to a change in "file name path" of where the related menu info is stored in my computer..... though I copied the the Menu Maker files to a new computer, the new computer was given a different "name" than the other.... consequently, the file path in the new computer is not identical to the original thus the folders cannot be found, etc. The fix will be to delete the menu bar on the effected sites, pull up the template created for the specific site, reinstall (to every related page) save, etc.... Hope this info helps someone else who experiences the same issue.

GG

Thanks for the update GG. Glad you have it sorted.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Oh! I try to fix my computer sometimes. I copied the the menu files to other computer,It was given a different "name" than the other...., the file path in the new computer is not identical to the original thus the folders cannot be found, etc.

Hi Fred,

Please provide some details about the problem you are having. Are you using Menu Maker or another product?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update