Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems with XWD - nav buttons and forms

I am working with web designer and I have having trouble with the links on the nav buttons

I have assigned each page a name (*.html), but the code uses index.htm for the home button - not index.html - which is the name I put in the page tab

also all of the images, etc go into index_htm_files, and not index_html_files

I need to go into a text editor to correct this problem

also, I am looking for any guidence in creating a contact form for the site - I can't seem to find where I might find this

thanks

Default Re: Problems with XWD - nav buttons and forms

Type in .html after your file name when you export

I do export as index.html

No need to add .html after the file name when exporting. Whatever you type in the Page Filename (web properties) is what the exported page's "name" is (note: NOT page title). The first page's filename will show up automatically in the export box. I.e. -- if your first page will be your home page, name it "index" (NO .htm/.html) and in the export box, it should be "index" also (again, no .htm/.html)

Also, the folder "index_htm_files" is WD's default 'image' folder (whatever!), not "index_html_files".
    Hope that made sense!

Hope this clears thing up. Just export as index.html

Important: If you have not set any specific page name, then the name you exported to last will be used for all the pages in your website. E.G. If you open a template website, and export this as 'test' to your file system, and now publish this, it will be published as test.htm to your web server, and all additional pages will be test_2.htm, test_3.htm etc.

If you have not set an Export filename, when you first Publish you will be asked to enter a filename. index.htm is the usual name for the first page of a website. index.htm is the usual name for the first page of a website.