Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Forms in Xara Web Designer

I know that there are no forms in XWD but have read post where other have used CoffeeCup. I can't seem to get the form to be viewable in XWD preview. I have used a placeholder rectangle and placed the html code from coffeecup into the replace with html box. Nothing happens. Please help me. I could use it!!

Default Re: Forms in Xara Web Designer

Do you have flash? Can you post the .web/.xar file here?

Coffeecup forms are made with Flash, so if you don't have it, the forms won't display. There are too many other things that could cause your issue to know what without seeing your source files.

Coffeecup forms work great with Web Designer, just remember to upload the other Coffeecup files that are generated when you make the form in Web Form Builder to the same folder as your Web Designer files.

Here's a site based on XWD and CCFB: www.golfwriter.co.uk

I like the Coffeecup stuff as you get lifetime free updates!
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

wOOdy - clean site - nice job. Loved the golf ball graphic in the Golf Writer logo. Now, if I could just get my forms into my site.

After pasting in the code that CoffeeCup provides you *must* export the site to the same folder that CoffeeCup exports it's .xml /.swf /.html /.php and image files before it will show in XWD's 'Preview' window.
    Until you export, Web Designer has no idea where the required CoffeeCup files are located.

I have the .xml/.swf/.html/php files in the same file folder that my XWD.htm files are located.

Sledger - you mentioned image files also. From my understanding CC only creates the .xml/.swf/.html/php files. Am I missing something?

I have also made my placeholder the same size as the form. I am so please that all of you took tie to reply.

I am still at a loss. This is my first try at building my company website and I have to have the ability for clients to fill out forms on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    Sledger - you mentioned image files also. From my understanding CC only creates the .xml/.swf/.html/php files. Am I missing something?
    Maybe, maybe not - this likely depends on the template you chose.
    I installed version 8 trial and randomly chose a template to test.
    These were the files it exported ;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc-files.png 
Views:	487 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	63173

(screenshot includes XWD's output index.htm and index_htm_files)

attached is a shot of my site directory
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	html screen shot.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	63175  

Re: Forms in Xara Web Designer

Hello All
    (Just registered here, moments ago) !

Well, regarding web forms/Formmail, I also use both CoffeeCup and a Script from www.phpjabbers.com like I use all the other scripts from them (gallery, Forum, etc)

The problem is nearly the same as other XWD users like me are having .... after having been deluded by the juicy presentation from XARA, I have purchased the software to learn, it's not an HTML Editor etc. Now, the support is also a hell!

I also have the problem whereby, I need to insert simple one line javascript in the header and a few lines of HTML codes in the body part.

Great if anybody can help and thank you for same.

Rgds

Before you jump to conclusions and bash the product, you should at least have the courtesy to search the forum. There have been many posts about using code in the <head> section. This was something that was added early on in a patch to XWD (and it's in xtreme5 if you have that).

Seriously, I didn't think for a moment that any of the Xara products were HTML editors based on their marketing. They are clearly advertised as WYSIWYG website creators. In fact, I was pretty impressed by the amount of code embedding you could do to allow for that stuff that requires a little more tech than WYSIWYG can provide. And if you read through just a few of the posts on here and see how rapidly people get their problems solved, you would respect the level of support JUST in the user community - keeping in mind that this board is not run by Xara!

In short:

• Create a graphic of some sort and place it anywhere (a 1 pixel rectangle will work, but may be hard to find later). I usually place it just off to the left of the page where it can't be seen but gets incorporated into the code properly.
    • Go to the Name dialog and give this object a name of <head>.
    • Go to the Web Properties for the object and in the Replace with HTML area, put the code you want in the header of the page.

That's it. Then you can use other placeholders that have calls to whatever you put in the <head> code, whether <style> tags or javascript references.