Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Question animated gif exporting with wierd results

I banged my head many times this weekend trying to see any logic in this issue. Cou;dn't find any. Tried many things to diagnose the issue. Looks like a bug to me....

Details:
    - simple animated gif
    - No transparency wanted or needed
    - background frame has dark rectangle in this sample (was a grouped set in my real file)
    - background frame has at least one image/object and may or may not have clipping of object.
    - white font on other frames

RESULT:
    1) file one: 468x60anitest-object_on_dark_NT.xar I did not check the transparency option. Exported the animated gif to 468x60anitest-object_on_dark_NT.gif and the white pixels are not rendered. splotchy text where file is trying to be transparent even though file is not set for transparency.
    2) file two: 468x60anitest-object_on_dark_Tchecked.xar I did check the option for transparency. Exported to the animated gif 468x60anitest-object_on_dark_Tchecked.gif and now the file is solid, rendering correctly!

It is my belief that I should check the box for transparency only when I want transparency and expect that some pixels would be made transparent when exported. Yet this weekend I found I had to check for transparency to get solid rendering.

Additional important note: The files look the same on the forum because the background color of the forum is light. If you take these gif and put them on a dark background, you will see the text and other font on the one set is not properly rendered.

Is this a known issue, being worked on?

I have attached the files for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	468x60anitest-object_on_dark_NT.gif 
Views:	150 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	62900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	468x60anitest-object_on_dark_Tchecked.gif 
Views:	151 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	62901  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by samrc; 30 June 2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: animation looks fine, but isn't on dark backgrounds!
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)