Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default switch back from "new view" and is a "comments" feature possible?

I used the toolbar and I choose "windows" - "new view" and it made my .web

file a black and wihte sketch , which is editable. but i can't find out how to get it back to where it was , in a normal color designer friendly view.

well my new xara site is meganfoxshrine.com. yea all done with xara.
    cept fot the flash. i made it and added it in.

also: when i make the page longer -is there a way to make the new blank part add at the top of the page instead of the bottom

I have to update certain pages all the time each day and keep dragging everything down to make room at the top.

but then again. I did not use the regular method of xara. I made a seperate .web file for each web page.
    not sure if thats a bad thing or not.

can I add a some type of a login and/or "comments" area for people to comment on whatever is there a picture or some text.

if u can help dakutter at gmail

thanks

Dave- i put email cause this is my first post and not sure how to get back to find my thread yet

i searched all over and would not have made a thread if i could have found it. so thanks for reading this long one.
    Last edited by newWebDesigner1; 15 June 2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: shorten

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: switch back from "new view" and is a "comments" feature possible?

As far as the b/w sketch goes, it sounds like you have reduced the detail to a wire frame of your drawing. There is a slider in between the line size and the snap to objects (Magnet icon) on your tool bar. Make sure that it is all the way to the right, and you should get your color drawing back.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

As for the page content shifting downwards;
    This is discussed in this thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=39320

amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by newWebDesigner1 View Post
    .......also: when i make the page longer -is there a way to make the new blank part add at the top of the page instead of the bottom.........
    You must be the only person on the face of the planet who wants the extra space at the top.......
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My apologies. I obviously misunderstood.

But, the shifting of the content downwards when pulling the page length down, is discussed in the thread I gave as a possible bug (I think)

amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    As far as the b/w sketch goes, it sounds like you have reduced the detail to a wire frame of your drawing. There is a slider in between the line size and the snap to objects (Magnet icon) on your tool bar. Make sure that it is all the way to the right, and you should get your color drawing back.

Eric
    Thanks Eric.

doh,

I got to take some time away from creating content and learn more about the applications.

you ggot it right away. thanks.

I will tell support and cxl the ticket.

on a side note. I am thinking of making the back ground black. instead of white. seem many sites have this and it looks "better" , whatever that means. I am trying my best to make it look like a site made with php , drupal
    my sql , etc.

to the average web user, they can see a site that even tho has more content but does not have a "search cloud" or those login and comment functions and get bored with it. I come from the old aol days when bbs was the thing.
    so ive seen the web come to where its at. Well me and Howard Stern. lol,
    he did not even want a site untill it was eventually going to be. so he waited.
    also i am thinking of getting the graphic program by xara.. Ive been learning adob photoshop for years now and still at the ms paint level. lol.

i just watched the video mercial and it looks like i could do some fun stuff

well thanks again my sites persona megan fox will be back in the country soon so i got lots to do.
    i am learning all the sideways moves to get my site name out there untill the SEO picks up. i should write some down for other ppl.

meganfoxshrine.com lufs you.

want some simple animation let me kno.

dave

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    You must be the only person on the face of the planet who wants the extra space at the top.......
    i am an original , your not the first. i prob made my site backwards. lol

but the way im doing it now, it would be easier /faster to move up the header and make some space for current news content than slide tons of content down .

Dave