@MarkMyWords: Yes, that's life and it will not change.

@Ankhor: It seems you've missed out a smiley in your posting.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryOtter View Post
Hm. It struck me that, "it's obvious that you don't work with CMYK very much," and "Hmm, promotional emails" was just a little bit condescending
Funny, but try to look at my comments from another view: Your original posting was some sort of a "very promotional" posting, riddled with positive, advertising views about a product. If your happy with the current release, that's fine. The only thing I thought by myself: "Hmm, I see, his business is to write promotional emails...". So, my comment "Hmm, promotional emails" has nothing to do with the quality of your work, just with the "promotional" nature of your posts.

I know very well, what kind of drawings are able with Xara Xtreme. I've done a lot of work with Xara Xtreme and I know the problems and lack of some useful tools very well, in order to save time and money or to create much more stunning artwork with this vector editor. Furthermore you'll find a lot of improvement suggestions from a lot of skilled and long-time Xara Xtreme users - myself included. But what you will not find, are fundamental changes within the software, in order to overcome the limitations over the last years. Yes, there is hope that Xara Ltd. could do some "easy to develop" enhancements, but they are tied up to their (unflexible ?) code base and therefore there is not very much hope to see fundamental changes like a own CMYK mode (just to name one missing feature) even if - and yes, if - they will sell more licenses with their own strategy.

You don't think so? All I can say is, that the hope to see some corrections of wrong decisions is beginning with the year 1995 and is still not fulfilled. They need much more pressure from their customer base, instead of promotional posts or postings with sometimes acceptable, sometimes not acceptable "workarounds" from forum members.

So, please don't be disappointed, if the hope is gone with a lot of long-time Xara Xtreme users - no matter if this looks like "necessary" or "effective". If you like it or not, you'll hear from us from time to time...

Remi