Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Default Re: Thank you and good bye! I'm no longer Xara's target audience.

What I don't understand about this thread.... is this actual thread's purpose.

The message I took was "Xara isn't for me anymore.". Not only did I get this by the subject, but I wasn't even sure why I, or anyone else, needed to know at all.

Isn't this like going to a party where everyone you know leaves, and then you yell out to all the other people still there, that you don't know - "All my friends have left - so I'M LEAVING AS WELL!!!"

Just wondering.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

Bobby I think it is more a last hope that someone from Xara will post and say they are working on a Mac version of Xtreme. Which would not happen even if it were true.

Xara is well known for not leaking any information about any future versions.

Programs are tools and as people's needs change so do their need for a specific tool. Good luck Eobet.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I think it is more a last hope that someone from Xara will post and say they are working on a Mac version of Xtreme. Which would not happen even if it were true.

Xara is well known for not leaking any information about any future versions.
    Some sort of update on their current Mac state would be nice.

Linux and Mac version (October 11, 2005)

Secondly, Xara plans to create Linux and Mac versions of the graphics application. Charles said, "Mac and Linux users have been asking, in fact begging, for many years that we create versions for their platforms. Our plans are to change the graphics software landscape forever, and that means we have to be cross-platform.

It's ironic that Mac still dominates the creative industries, and yet there are few really good, general purpose, low cost graphics applications now available. You can pay $500 ($900 in the UK) for the latest Adobe Illustrator, but when you can get a new Mac for that price, that's outrageous and unjustified.

With the likely elimination of Macromedia products, Mac users will have even less choice. So by making a Mac version and Open Sourcing it we hope to bring the world's fastest and most versatile graphics software to the Mac platform, at last"
    •Bob
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by dogbertbh View Post
    What I don't understand about this thread.... is this actual thread's purpose.
    I see it as customer feedback. A lot of programs change and evolve based on customer feedback. Knowing how your current users are changing and evolving, in order to keep them, you'll need to change too.

Of course to other users - who cares when you hear someone say, "I'm not using this program, because this other one works better for me..." Use what you want, we don't care! The ones who should care about statements like that, is Xara.

If users didn't care about Xara, they would simply find the program they like and not bother posting their thoughts on TalkGraphics. The reason comments like this are made is that they like Xtreme and want to continue using it, but point out things that hold them back.
    •Bob
    IP

I understand the need for customer feedback - This just didn't have that feel.

Seemed more like a final FU

That's not feedback, that's the old Seinfeld 'Leave on a high note'

-"GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!!!!"
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

I agree, it's just another thread for having a general moan about Xtreme not going in the direction some of us would prefer. Unfortunately, we already know, from replies in other threads, that our moans are not going to change that direction and, no doubt, many will be finding such whining somewhat irksome, so I, for one, will try and curb my whinging about this.

If any spots me indulging in this again, feel free to give me a metaphorical slap!
    IP

nice drawing eobet

good luck with your mac and illustrator which i tried to get used too but i still love the ease of good old ugly xara.

FLy
    IP

I never minded anyone asking for things not in the program now. I'm sure that's how it got so good. I'm sure everyone wishes Xara could do everything they want to do as well as every other program they've seen with the speed and ease-of-use we've come to expect from Xara.

I do agree with one thing said earlier in this thread. There has been a change in the people on the boards. It feels like there is this growing divide between the professional and the non-professional.

Whether you get paid for what you do or not, the fact that you paid the same as me for the software means you are entitled to the same amount of input and opinion as me as a user.

We've always been a community of sorts. I'd like to keep it from becoming US VS. THEM
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

It's just a bit of frustration following a release that was not much of an event for some users. It'll pass.

A lot of users here have wanted Xtreme to move in a certain direction (which won't happen) and it's sad to move on. Xtreme is every bit as good as it always has been, but the world is moving around it and users needs change and the target demographic is changing. That's life.

Paul
    IP

I feel Eobet was only demonstrating how the software relates to his work flow/software tools ... and probably, as Bill Taylor mentioned above, making a plea for Xara to consider their development direction.

Good luck, Eobot and please continue to share with the us when the opportunity presents itself.e

Regards, John.
    Last edited by jclements; 13 June 2009 at 10:51 PM.
    IP