Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Default Re: Version 5.1 Launched

Please contact Xara directly with these kind of questions and comments as we can't answer them or comment with any authority about Xara's pricing policy.

In any case it's not a topic to discuss in this the Xtreme and Xtreme Pro forum (Creative minds live here. Discuss Xtreme and Xtreme Pro and share vector drawing ideas.)

► Xara Contact Page (Please select 'Sales'): http://www.xara.com/us/contact/
    IP

I would disagree in that whole issue springs off the inbuilt WD features that release 5.1 comes with.

Whether anybody from Xara reads this and cares to comment on this grey area remains to be seen - but I have taken your advice and emailed Xara (sales) direct - and now await their reply.

Meanwhile - back to customising XX5 toolbars....
    Last edited by ajreed; 16 July 2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: 1.5 5.1 its got a 5 and a 1 in it :)
    Alan
    IP

Unhappy Re: Version 5.1 Launched

I agree about the annoyances fixed but in my opinion 5.1 just added some different ones.
    Like having to tripple click on a layer to rename. And being unable to copy things from multiple layers into one layer without grouping first. I'm doing a mass of illustrations at the moment (againdt the clock) and things like this just slow me down because it adds steps.

To be honest it has made me start looking into other apps. Not that I've found just one that can take the place of Xtreme.

I agree about the cost of WD. It adds slightly to my over all disappointment in the upgrade.
    IP

if you keep the layer properties box open as you work, it can speed up the renaming of new layers as it will automatically focus onto the new layer when you create it

right clicking on an object in the gallery gives you a move to current layer option which can be useful - this work with multiple selections too...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Cheers Steve:
    I am aware of those workarounds but the point is that they are extra steps that slow things down that weren't there in V4. I'm working long days producing illustrations at the moment and these little irritations get magnified.

The object list is something I find I don't really use. My work can get very complicated with hundreds of lines and shapes that don't realy mean much on their own. I find it much quicker to select them in the window.
    IP

ey squeeky...

Object Gallery Layer rename. click to select, click again to rename. No triple click needed here.
    IP

IP

Double-clicking appears to have no function in the new object gallery. Am I wrong? If it has no alternative function, then why require a triple-click to rename (or, as slavelle has pointed out, click...wait...click)?
    IP

'Double-clicking' (two fast clicks) expands or collapses the objects layer.
    ONE CLICK 'on the current layer name' to rename it.
    Triple-clicks are not necessary.
    IP

Thanks for that clarification, Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    'Double-clicking' (two fast clicks) expands or collapses the objects layer.
    It will do the same for pages. That is, it will expand or collapse the page layers.
    IP