Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Version 5.1 Launched

I only have one wish for xara xtreme pro.

Make it for MAC OsX, so I do not have to launch a virtual windows. :-)

Still I bought the WD when it came out, but have not had time to use it yet. So to see the limited list of improvements for version 5, and the fact that the upgrade price for upgrading without WD is only 10£ more expensive. I have to say that it was a huge mistake buying WD when it came out.

Can't help feeling a little disapointed with version 5. Feels like a rip off.

But I will upgrade anyhow.

Perhaps we will get a Mac OsX version next year?
    IP

Am I correct that Xara Pro 5 makes Web Designer obsolete? That Pro 5 is essentially a combination of Web Designer and Xara Pro 4 with a few added bells & whistles? BTY, I've been asking for a spell checker in Xara for many years and I am happy to see that it's included here. But I do wonder why Web Designer was released not so long ago when 5, if I'm correct about it, was in the works.
    IP

You're correct in assuming that if you have Xara Xtreme Pro 5, then you don't need Xara Web Designer.

Web Designer offers a terse, yet powerful, web development tool for those who want to compose pixel-perfect websites using a graphically oriented interface.

So, why release new product called Web Designer? Smaller tool box ... lower price ($200 less than Xara Xtreme Pro 5, which opens a whole new target market).
    IP

Well, I'm not so happy about having just purchased XWD and now having to upgrade to Pro 5, but at the same time, I've posted elsewhere that I found I really had to use both Xara and XWD together, so this will eliminate that hassle. So be it, I guess I now move on to Pro 5. I suppose I knew this was coming at some point and wrapping everything up in the one program is much easier for me, at least.
    (Sorry about the duplicate post, but I lost my original post and thought the question was just as well framed under WD.)
    IP

In addition to Web Designer, doo you also have Xtreme 4 (Pro?) now?
    IP

If you'll check the Upgrading to Xtreme 5 page on Xara.com, you'll see that any price that you might have paid for Web Designer is totally credited when you buy either Xtreme 5 or Xtreme Pro 5.

For example, If you have Web Designer (sells for $49), the price of Xtreme Pro 5 is discounted (from $249 to $199).
    IP

I have Xtreme Pro 4 and wanted to upgrade to 5. I've followed the instructions in the newsletter but don't seem to get the discount stated in the newsletter. Hope that somebody will look into this glitch in the system, that's what I assume it is.
    IP

Are you buying directly from Xara here:
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/upgrade
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upgrade.png 
Views:	287 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	62750
    IP

Hi Roma.

When you click on the button that says, Buy Now at this webpage, you will be presented with the opportunity to sign in (left-hand side of the next webpage): If you are already a Xara customer, please log in:. After your login, you will be appropriately discounted for your previous purchase of Xara Xtreme Pro 4.

As sledger (Steve) has indicated in the previous post, you can preview what that adjusted price will be by selecting the Xara Xtreme Pro 4 option.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    In addition to Web Designer, doo you also have Xtreme 4 (Pro?) now?
    Cursor, Yes, I also have Pro 4. I've used Xara for about 10 years and have upgraded throughout. It seems that the credit for my purchase of XWD won't help, as I will be getting an upgrade price anyway. Still, I'm not all that happy about having to "upgrade" twice in one year.
    IP