Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Version 5.1 Launched

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDust View Post
    Wow, I wasn't expecting a new version of Xtreme so soon! I thought there would be beta testing, etc., talked about on the forums like there was with version 4.
    I've never seen official Beta testing talked about on the open forums.
    As far as I am aware, Xara's beta testing phase takes place privately for many months prior to any release.
    Often minor patches or updates are released to fix any user identified bugs which have been found after release - I'd expect some missed bugs to turn up in the coming weeks with version 5 also
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I've never seen official Beta testing talked about on the open forums.
    As far as I am aware, Xara's beta testing phase takes place privately for many months prior to any release.
    Often minor patches or updates are released to fix any user identified bugs which have been found after release - I'd expect some missed bugs to turn up in the coming weeks with version 5 also
    I think you're right about that - the talk on the forums was about patches for XX4, not beta testing.
    IP

You know what?
    I ran XX 4 and 5 simultaneously and checked all the options from top to bottom on the left menu, including suboptions and functions... I couldn't find more than 2-3 differences or examples of something which couldn't be done already...

I'll thank Xara too. Thank you, not buying.
    I'll wait for XX 6.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Sponsi View Post
    I couldn't find more than 2-3 differences or examples of something which couldn't be done already...
    Here's a list of what's new in Xtreme 5 Sponsi
    IP